EPID Research at ISPOR Vienna!
We look forward to meeting you at our booth #411 or feel free to book a private meeting with us!
Find out more: ISPOR Vienna.
Real-World Evidence (RWE)
We provide pharmacoepidemiological research services for pharmaceutical companies, health care organizations and authorities. We study the actual use and effects of drugs in large numbers of people by utilizing population-wide health care registries. Our studies provide information on effectiveness, adverse effects and costs of drug treatment. Our methodology combines clinical, pharmacological, epidemiological and statistical knowledge.
We are a partner centre of the ENCePP scientific network which is coordinated by the European Medicines Agency. We are dedicated to excellence in research by adhering to the ENCePP Guide on Methodological Standards and promoting scientific independence and transparency. We register studies in the ENCePP E-Register of Studies, a publicly accessible resource for the registration of pharmacoepidemiological and pharmacovigilance studies.
Advantages for the customer
In our work we use reliable patient level information from existing national health registers. Studies performed by us do not require a massive study infrastructure because information accumulates in the data sources during normal health care procedures. Our process is fast, transparent, repeatable and traceable. This results in a cost-efficient way of evaluating the risk-benefit profiles of medical treatments.
For more information, please contact us.
News and publications
EPID Research is growing. We recently renewed and expanded our head office in Espoo. Now we are looking for new talented people to join us. We currently have the following positions open: Director - Real-World Evidence, Pharmacoepidemiologist and Study Coordinator. Read more (5.10.2016)
Ville Kytö presented two posters of a study conducted by EPID Research in ESC Congress 2016, 27-31 August, 2016 (1.9.2016):
- Gender differences in oral antiplatelet treatment use - results from a nationwide cohort study of acute coronary syndrome patients in Finland - Poster
- Age predicts initiation of and persistence with P2Y12 inhibitor treatment after acute coronary syndrome - results form a nationwide retrospective cohort in Finland - Poster
EPID Research presented four posters in ICPE 32nd International Conference, 25-28 August, 2016 (29.8.2016):
- Contraindicated and off-label drug use in pediatric outpatients in the Nordic countries - Spotlight poster
- COPD Patients Initiating Roflumilast in Sweden, Germany and the United States: Findings from the Roflumilast PASS study - Poster
- The quality of warfarin therapy among atrial fibrillation patients in Finland - Results from the FinWAF registry - Poster
- Adjusting for the Effect of Switching Basal Insulin Treatment on the Risk of First Severe Hypoglycaemia - Poster
Our new article on pioglitazone use and risk of bladder cancer in patients with type 2 diabetes has been published in BMJ. Pioglitazone use and risk of bladder cancer in patients with type 2 diabetes: retrospective cohort study using datasets from four European countries. Published in BMJ 2016;354:i3903. Press Release - Article (16.8.2016)
Our recently published article on cardiac mortality and use of progestin for menopause in Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism has been cited in the Duodecim publication (in Finnish) - Duodecim article (4.7.2016)
Want to get started? Eager to try us out? The best way to move forward is to put us to a test: we can help you to identify and evaluate relevant data sources and make a proposal for an actual study.
To learn more: